[LMB] Birthday Tixie

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 19 07:21:59 BST 2015

Today, we celebrate the birthday of Marty Adkins, the spouse of our dear Jerrie
of the amusing links and filks.

Fifty-two years on our planet means a lot of wake-ups. I mean A LOT of wake-ups.
Some pleasant and warm, full of sunshine and nuzzles, and some like scratching
one's way out of a deep, black pit. Today's cake augments the sunshine and
nuzzles, and makes the other kind of wake-up a bit more bearable. It's Louise
VorReed's Coffee Crunch Cake.

And you may think, as I did when I saw the label, that this is a bland little
American-style coffee cake -- made for eating with coffee. But no, Roknarica
Coffee Beans make the Victorian sponge into something like none of us have ever
tasted before. It's topped with a nutty meringue (yay! hydroponics!) and it's
just what Miles likes on a Saturday morning at home.

I wave the tixie wand, and the air is filled with the happy sounds of folky
filking, the lyrics wishing Marty a very happy birthday and a rather earthy
evening of delights. (Because everyone knows a proper folk song should be both
earthy and ethereal.) The singing bread knife joins in perfect harmony, and we
all enjoy a slice of cake (ake-ake-ake). Happy Birthday, Marty!