[LMB] need a few volunteer proofreaders

Lois McMaster Bujold lbujold at myinfmail.com
Sun Sep 20 14:05:14 BST 2015

As I slog my way through the proofreading of my 2011 e-files for the VK
new-cover reissues, I realize I could surely use a few volunteer
proofreaders for the new files, before they go in to the person who
assembles and puts them up on the e-vendors for me.  I have rid the
files of a small host of old errors and micro-issues, but don't know,
and haven't the endurance to read each One More Time to see, if I have
inadvertently introduced new ones.  (Or missed any old ones.)

I need people who have done proofreading before, familiar with
punctuation and capitalization and hyphenation and formatting issues
(and spelling and so on.)  All will be standardized, mostly, to American
usage, so Americans are likely preferred.  The only reward I can offer
is you would get to keep the file (but not let it escape into the wild.)

I figure to distributes the files, so as not to unduly burden any one
person.  I don't need a stampede, as I have only finished half a dozen
(or, half-a-dozen, a half dozen, a half-dozen) files so far, and the
rest aren't going to go any faster for me.  Anyway, if you are
qualified, interested, and the task would seem fun and not disruptive
for you, contact me off-list.

Ta, Lois.