[LMB] AKICOTL (but on-topic, so no hyphen) digital proofreading need a few volunteer proofreaders

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 22 04:29:41 BST 2015

Since I need to ask, I think I'm automatically relegated to the JV copy-editing
team (benchwarmer), but, what exactly are "formatting issues"? -- and I throw this
open to the whole list. It sounds like a very scary issue. Or is it mostly checking
to make sure there's only one space after periods, and all the lines go all the way
(ha. Another one in my fail column.) and are justified . . . ? Would one have to be
able to read whatchamacallit, all the little brackets and thingies that specify
paragraph wraps and italics? (I don't remember any bolds or underlines in the
books.)

There's a whole lot here that I don't know that I don't know (I just feel the
knowledge swimming under the surface, ready to bite the novice). I'd like to know
more -- it could apply to my own digital adventures for fun and profit. And I bet
I'm not the only person on the list who would like to learn more.

Micki