[LMB] caps, again

Karen Hunt huntkc at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 22:52:38 BST 2015

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 5:42 PM, Matthew George <matt.msg at gmail.com> wrote:

> There's a similar issue with the Dendarii.  I believe their full and proper
> name is 'Dendarii Mercenaries', or the Dendarii for short.  Using the
> phrase 'Dendarii mercenaries' is therefore not using the full name and
> merely specifying which mercenary group is discussed, and is therefore
> synonymous with 'Dendarii forces', while capitalizing both words means the
> full name is being used instead.

Well, the true full name is "Dendarii Free Mercenary Fleet". They are
usually called Dendarii Mercenaries for short, but in Cryoburn, they get
called "Free Dendarii Mercenaries" once.... I've generally only seen
situations where capitalization appears to be correct with Dendarii
Mercenaries, but I might have been not looking too close (ok, I have seen
Dendarii mercs to refer to the individuals instead of the corporation).

:)

Karen Hunt