[LMB] AKICOT:L moving domain names

JA Tallman lettuce.lists at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 16:09:39 BST 2015

On Sep 23, 2015 12:39 AM, <mmjustus at mmjustus.com> wrote:

> So. The domain names for my two websites are registered through GoDaddy,
which I first put together in 2007 (ye godlings, yes, that long ago) back
when I didn't know any better. I have my webhosting through A Small Orange,
who are generally fantastic, and I want to switch my domain name
registrations over to them, too.

Snipped

> Has anyone here ever extracted themselves from GoDaddy's clutches and
lived to tell the tale? If so, would you be willing to hold my hand as we
get *me* out of them? I figure it can't hurt to ask...

> Megaera

===

I have not had a web host for a while, but I thought I'd see what I could
find.

This looked informative.
http://lifehacker.com/5794507/how-to-jump-ship-from-godaddy-to-a-better-web-host
It's a few years old, but may work.

This was updated this year, and has step by step instructions to go to
Hover. Just use the info from our your new provider instead of Hover.
https://help.hover.com/entries/21197827-How-to-Transfer-a-domain-from-GoDaddy-Updated-Aug-2015-

Good luck! Let me know if it works.

Jill