[LMB] another one

Lois McMaster Bujold lbujold at myinfmail.com
Fri Sep 25 00:57:06 BST 2015

[LMB] another one
Lois Aleta Fundis loisaletafundis at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 00:18:13 BST 2015

LMB:  > ...T-shirt or tee-shirt?

LAF:  Earlier today I spelled it 't-shirt" on Facebook, and Grammarly
(which is
the spellcheck program I use on this computer for e-mail and FB) did not
correct me.

I would accept either/any of those choices. The main idea IMHO -- and I
think I've shared this before -- is to be consistent.

LMB:  Oh, they're both correct.  It's a matter of aesthetic choice. And
yeah, I've spelled them both ways in the series.  My spelling tends to
the inclusive.

... I am gradually coming to the thought that the reason I can't settle
on a series-wide choice for the capitalization issue for emperor and
count is that it needs to go story by story and perhaps line by line or
viewpoint by viewpoint.  Which is going to be a pain, but less of a pain
than this choice paralysis.

Ta, L.