[LMB] M/F LMB Readership

Aruvqan aruvqan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 15:09:44 BST 2015

I never thought of it that way, more as a fact of ladies undergarments
tending to be pretty and lacy compared to tidy whities or boxers [though
Rob does have some lovely slate blue silk boxers, yum] Though it is a
diminuative of 'pantlettes' IMHO.

But everybody gets to have their own opinions. I don't understand why
men find thongs so sexy - stupid butt floss that they are. If they are
nylon lace based, the lace is hard and scratchy and seriously
uncomfortable, to get comfortable materials you tend to have to spend a
fair amount of money and it can be a serious investment in lingerie that
most women are not able to make [I had a thong/camisole set for my first
wedding that cost my first husband almost $250. I about had a cow over
the cost. I am not an expensive lingerie sort of girl. Now a new Sig
Sauer, then we are talking =) ]

On 9/25/2015 7:08 AM, Marc Wilson wrote:
> <rant> Digression: I do loathe the word "panties". Horrid, horrid
> diminutive - suggesting that female underclothing is somehow less
> *important*. It goes along with "don't worry your pretty little head
> about it", pink ballpoint pens, and mansplaining. Condescending,
> dismissive, demeaning. Ugh. </rant>

---