[LMB] M/F LMB Readership

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Fri Sep 25 17:02:26 BST 2015

On Fri, 25 Sep 2015 23:35:10 +1000, Gwynne Powell
<gwynnepowell at hotmail.com> wrote:

>> From: Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
>
>> When Doctor Who was shot in black-and-white with cardboard-and-tinfoil
>> scenery, it was *way* cheaper to make than it is now.  The days of a
>> full season of the Doctor are gone.  Half a dozen a year plus the odd
>> special are all we're going to get, I fear.
>
>I used to love the way they economised on costumes. If the BBC had done a
>big costume drama recently you could be sure there'd be a historical visit
>for the doctor. And a few times I spotted costumes from Blake's 7 being used
>in Doctor Who, and vice versa.

We have a game in my house, called "IKEA lamp".  There seems to a law
that a cheap IKEA floor lamp features at some point in every UK soap and
sitcom.  We pretend to believe that each channel owns only one- and
there are points for being the first to call it. :)