[LMB] OT: The Exasperating Case of David Weber

John Lennard john.c.lennard at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 00:36:42 BST 2015

Pouncer cites David Weber ordering a pizza -- oh yes, mentioned in my
notes. It reportedly came as a revelation to the man himself.

And Paula sez ... stuff. To which I, carefully setting aside a late
Saturday night dram, say:

*Headdesk* *headdesk* Paula, you were not quoting "a Weber book", you were
quoting from *Honor Among Thieves*, which is my fic critique of canon ; and
please, go look up the noun and verb '(to) pastiche'. (Also the verb 'to
cherrypick' and the adjective 'kneejerk'.) Seriously.

www.humanities-ebooks.co.uk

*Tolkien's Triumph: The Strange History of *The Lord of the Rings
Just how did a 1000-page book with 6 appendices come to sell 8,500 copies
per day?

Available from Amazon's Kindle Stores and in paper from Skoobebooks.

*Talking Sense About *Fifty Shades of Grey*, or Fanfiction, Feminism, and
BDSM*
The story the media *isn't* telling ...

Available from Amazon's Kindle Stores.