[LMB] Lagging edges, was M/F LMB Readership

Paula Lieberman paal at filker.org
Sun Sep 27 03:23:52 BST 2015

I don't know if any of the six New England states have a Red Lobster, it
doesn;t really seem likely than any of Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island,
Connecticut, or maybe even Vermont, which is the only one without oceanfront
shoreline, has any, either.

Even if national advertising or all-stations-in-some-group advertising
packages are not outright less expensive, they're less expensive in terms of
research time and in time and effort spent negotiating contracts, with large
groups, versus individual station and market area.

On the other hand, political ads gets targeted very specifically.... there
are "national" campaigns which I am not seeing ads for--I suspect there are
lots of ads in -other- markets, and the campaigns for specific individuals,
are deliberately not bothering to promote in this market, at the current
time  (if I got more specific I might his the US politics ban... I['m
probably skirting at the edge of thin ice as it is)

Hmm, another advertiser with no restaurants in the region is Red Robin... on
the other hand the local supermarkets did start carrying frozen Red Robin
food relatively recently.

But the stuff which get really infuriating, are situations where stores stop
carrying snow shovels before the end of January, when the snow season goes
on throw March and occasionally there is even a large snowstorm in early
April, when in the middle of the summer all the bathing suits are long gone,
etc.  Supply channels which source stuff from China with lead times of six
months, make "responsiveness" not even a bad joke

And you thought travel across the Nexus was inconvenient and full of
latencies??!!

--Paula Lieberman