[LMB] another hyphenation dilemma

Lois McMaster Bujold lbujold at myinfmail.com
Mon Sep 28 18:32:37 BST 2015

[LMB] another hyphenation dilemma
Walter S Bushell proto at panix.com
Mon Sep 28 17:46:41 BST 2015

WB:  And really who has time to attend to these details or notice them
particularly
in fiction? (As contrasted to works that explicitly require conformity to a
particular style manual.)

LMB:  Yes, they do.  And they send me earnest, helpful e-mails,
unfortunately not all with the same advice.

There are a lot of former copy editors among my fans, among other
word-trades.  (Lots of librarians, too.)

All of this was stuff I used to leave blithely, and perhaps mistakenly,
to my publishers' production departments, but now that I'm doing it
myself... I need to learn how to do it myself right.

WB:   I mean, no doubt people without a life and probably
have time to watch TV.

LMB:  Without a life, maybe, but I don't think they're watching TV. Or
else they're _phenomenal_ at multi-tasking.  (Multitasking...?)

Ta, L.