[LMB] Thoughts on cryo-tubes, low berths, and other such gadgets

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 30 02:36:28 BST 2015

I'm not widely read in the field but I just finished listening to a short story from Clarkesworld called "Solace"--I believe it was first published in Analog. They wake up for two weeks every few decades, and their bodies are exercised in the meantime, I believe. But four thousand years of automatic jerking has to be really hard on the human body. I think the frozen coffin model is slightly more believable. (Never thought about it until this thread, to tell the truth.) Micki