[LMB] The Scenes In Between

Corrina Lawson corrinaannelawson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 01:19:20 BST 2016

As I've been pondering a re-read of the entire Vorkosigan saga, I've been
thinking about my favorite moments, favorite bits of dialogue, and I'm
discovering one of the things I love about the series is how sometimes only
one line is dialogue suggests an entire life story.

For instance, in ACC, Count Vorhalas says "Aral's boy doesn't look well."

That sentence kills me because it speaks volumes about Vorhalas' own grief
and how he's worked through it. He lost two sons to violence, he has that
confrontation with Aral over Miles (that mostly goes over Miles' head) but
then we never hear much from him but that line.