[LMB] What animals would the Firsters have brought to Barrayar-to-be?

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Fri Apr 8 09:48:02 BST 2016

On Apr 7, 2016, at 11:01 PM, markus baur <baur at chello.at> wrote:

>>> Like those cockatoos, or parrots, or whatever they are in one of the domes. Is the breed given? I always imagine sulphur=crested cockatoos.
>>
>> Imagine what African Grey parrots could do in that environment!
>
> i can one-up you on this - Keas

You made me spend 3 hours roaming through Wikipedia!

However, I now know much more about avian taxonomy; pests & protection--and the intersection thereof (whyever are possum protected in Ox & NZ?); the formerly-captive/domesticated feral bird populations of the world, Phillip Temple, the only native mammals of NZ, the avian trade (legal and not), relative intelligence of birds, and way too much more with which to bore anyone.

But yes, kea are fearsome things in a dome environment, or in an agricultural area.

A. Marina Fournier
Saffronrose at me.com