[LMB] Birthday Tixie!

Jean Lamb tlambs1138 at charter.net
Fri Apr 15 18:19:18 BST 2016

Today is Frank Kempe's 76th birthday! I hope that many trombones didn't wake
up the neighbors too much (fortunately virtual trombones don't belong to a
union, so it wasn't that spendy "76 trombones greet the morning sun" from
MUSIC MAN), and I hope you enjoyed their music. I just couldn't find the 110
cornets, though (although if anyone of this list makes it that long, I will
surely try!). Anyway, today you will be in the reviewing box for Barrayaran
marching bands, to be followed by a banquet. You will be issued hearing
protectors (the 1812 Overture is very, very popular here, and they aren't
shy about trotting out the artillery for it) at the appropriate time, and
you will be sitting next to Count Aral Vorkosigan who will undoubtedly make
sarcastic comments about some of the bandleaders during the display.

Happy Birthday!!!

Jean Lamb
tlambs1138 at charter.net
Look for Jean Lamb's author page on Amazon-
http://www.amazon.com/Jean-Lamb/e/B00IR0YO20/