[LMB] Penric 4

Hilary Powers hilary at powersedit.com
Sat Apr 16 00:14:20 BST 2016

On 4/14/2016 10:11 PM, Tony Zbaraschuk wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 03, 2016 at 03:48:15AM +0000, M. Haller Yamada wrote:
>> Just why did she choose Pen over the other people in the party? What did she
>> see in him? It couldn't have been just a pretty face, could it? Desdemona does
>> have an aesthetic sense . . . .
>
> She does, but there was also the willingness to help.  I also suspect
> that Desdemona had had plenty of time to consider whether or not she
> wanted to jump to any of her _other_ companions, and come up with a
> resounding "no".  Pen's helpfulness may not have been his only advantage
> from her point of view.

There's also a comment from someone, late in the narrative, suggesting a
possibility that Penric might have been *meant* to acquire the demon
(presumably by the demon's god). That made a lot of sense to me. Ruchia
went way out of her way to be on that road at that time, and Pen was a
little late out of the door - sounds like the sort of nudging of steps
the gods are known for.

--
-       Hilary Powers - hilary at powersedit.com - Oakland CA         -
- "Making Word 2010 Work for You" - www.the-efa.org/res/booklets.php -