[LMB] Betan Earthquake preparedness

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Tue Apr 19 15:25:23 BST 2016

On Apr 19, 2016, at 5:03 AM, anmar Caver <anmar.mirza at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't insist on my model either, but these things have always bothered me
> in any SF setting, when the "world" simply cannot exist as presented.  Not
> that there is some subtle actor at play allowing the world to exist, but
> that it simply violates all possibilities.  It's the same reason I have
> trouble watching action/adventure movies, too much of my mind is screaming
> "that is not how it works" to be able to suspend disbelief.

I'm just as bad with botanical details!
Saw The Jungle Book, couldn't tell, except for animals talking and some fight scenes, whether anything was CGI or not--no uncanny gap, and absolutely gorgeous work. Figs do not grow in clusters like grapes, and those were not fig leaves; those flowers can neither be in India (nor some of those animals) nor together, and that part looked as if it had been landscaped.

I had to keep repeating It's fantasy, it's fantasy over and over.

Some reviwers said it ccompared well to the original (animated Disney) version, and may even be better. Certainly was scenic!

So would the Firsters on any of those planets have chosen to bring embryos of various wild animals?

A. Marina Fournier
Saffronrose at me.com