[LMB] Betan Earthquake preparedness

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Tue Apr 19 17:26:55 BST 2016

On Apr 19, 2016, at 7:48 AM, Aruvqan <aruvqan at gmail.com> wrote:
> We joke about our Natural Disaster Tour of the US

Was this in '89?

> While camping at Pennsic [Coopers Lake Campground, western PA] we watched a tornado touchdown less than half a mile away, and roll towards us before lifting and dispersing

Major willies for me--might have had a major anxiety attack, had I been there. Don't have many triggers, and can go a decade or more without one, but that's high on the trigger list, up with wild- or uncontrolled fires.

> ,and having grown up in Western NY I have gone through more blizzards than I can count, and driven west from Rochester NY to Springfield OH

My mother chose not to go home to Syracuse when she left the sperm donor, because of lake effect winters, and chose to live in San Diego, which I didn't return to for a number of reasons, including no perceptible season change save rainy and dry seasons. The seasonal change in the SF Bay Area is enough for now.

I'm not sure how long we lived in Springfield...but I was just a wee lassie, not yet in school.

I admire your diaster fortitude, but have no interest in emulating your experience!

A. Marina Fournier
Saffronrose at me.com