[LMB] Betan Earthquake preparedness

Eric Oppen ravenclaweric at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 04:59:34 BST 2016

You don't have to go that far.  Here in Iowa, a lot of the damage from the
1993 and 2008 flood disasters came from idiots building on what were
clearly marked on maps as "flood plains," because there hadn't been any
floods in recent memory, and they were _so_ inviting and _so_ well-situated.

Or when my brother and I were driving along the Florida Atlantic coast, we
were commenting about the common sense of people who build
expensive-looking beach houses on barrier islands...and then when the
hurricanes destroy them, go howling for help.