[LMB] How Barrayaran! Deep-Fried Maple Leaves

Aruvqan aruvqan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 14:16:45 BST 2016

They do the whole grape leaf thing - soak it for a year in brine - I am
sure that locally you can get just brine soaked maple leaves to fry oneself.

Been thinking of trying to brine soak enough leaves to curl properly
into a quart mason jar living in the back of the freezer next fall - I
know our trees don't get any type of agricultural overspray. I am
thinking pick them straight off the tree as well. We have done grape
leaves - I am not overly fond of dolmas, but the experiment went well.
[I prefer the filling wrapped in wonton dough and baked instead.]