[LMB] Betan Earthquake preparedness

Eric Oppen ravenclaweric at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 01:56:53 BST 2016

I can speak to this myself.  My best-beloved is a longtime former resident
of Iowa, now living in the DC area for her sins (poor wretch) and she says
that snowfalls that Iowans would take completely in their stride all but
paralyze DC and the surrounding areas.  And as for real blizzards...Iowans
know what to do about them, but DC doesn't, and doesn't have the snow
removal equipment that Iowa cities have.