[LMB] Betan Earthquake preparedness

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Fri Apr 22 22:22:09 BST 2016

> On Apr 22, 2016, at 12:10 PM, mmjustus at mmjustus.com wrote:
>
> It's hard to justify spending millions on snow-removal equipment in places where it snows maybe once every two or three years at most, too.
>
> Here near Seattle, people have been known to simply climb out of their cars and leave them *on the freeway.*

My sister did that in Atlanta, and she knows how to drive in snow.   But the freeway was impassable because of other cars.

But Seattle is almost as bad as San Francisco for getting around in the snow.

Some sunny places find it cheaper to let the snow melt.    In the past, snow was packed down so that sleighs worked.

Some places have warning bumps on the painted lines in a road that wouldn’t take kindly to plows.