[LMB] OT: Time for a Potato PartyBetan Earthquake preparedness

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Sat Apr 23 22:41:14 BST 2016

On Fri, 22 Apr 2016 02:13:37 +0000 (UTC), "M. Haller Yamada"
<thefabmadamem at yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 20 Apr 2016 20:50:00 -0400, Aruvqan wrote:
>

>>Probably the best reason I know for getting hooked on stockpiling a good
>>pantry of preserved foods - and exactly why the farmers that Dag and
>>Fawn holed up in the house of had a well stocked root cellar.
>
>Marc: I could do with a root cellar about now.  I won a raffle prize: 25kg bag
>of potatoes!  I suspect many will sprout before we can eat them.
>--
>Micki: LOL, sounds like it's time for a baked potato party. Building up good
>relations with the neighbors is often one of the best preps for a natural disaster.

We're in a very boring area where it comes to natural disasters.

We get a huge number of tornadoes every year, apparently - but they're
tiny and seldom do any damage (one damaged a couple of roofs a few years
back and was in the news for a week!).

The biggest earthquake I remember rattled the plates in the kitchen.

We're not on a flood plain or even near a river.

>You could have your friends provide the cheese, sour cream, bacon, broccoli, etc.
>like a pot luck, and you could practice your emergency cooking skills by roasting
>the potatoes in a charcoal fire in the backyard . . . .

Might be a plan...
--
(_E=mc2_)  - a smart arse