[LMB] demon possession on-topic for now

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 26 05:40:56 BST 2016

  I know there are other Jennifer Crusie fans on the list. She's just put some
first draft of her Liz Danger story -- the one about a ghostwriter who gets trapped
in her hometown and starts solving mysteries.

What I want to talk about is how she uses Anemone, Liz's client. Anemone was a
famous beauty queen with QUITE a varied life and several marriages behind her, but
Anemone is in Chicago. Anemone calls up Liz to work on her autobiography, and in
many ways, acts as a disembodied voice, giving advice and dispensing snark.
Somewhat like Desdemona.

I think it's a very clever device. It provides a "mundane" way to hear voices in
one's head without being crazy or demon- or god-possessed.

I'd really like to talk about the similarities and differences between Desdemona
and Anemone, but not quite sure where to start.

If you want to read Crusie's WIP, it's nine chapters of good writing. Cliff-hanger
ending because it's not an ending. And it's probably going to disappear before the
weekend is over, so you better hurry. Her blog/site is Argh Ink.

Micki