[LMB] OT: I have seen octarine

Aruvqan aruvqan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 07:42:41 BST 2016

There is proof that some cataract implants allow a slightly different
spread of spectrum to be seen [cant remember if it is in the infra or
ultra side of things] so I suppose it is fully possible that your eyes
function slightly better in whichever side of the spectrum that is.

I think it is way freaking cool [and obviously if I ever need cataract
replacement I am going to try and request that brand of implants!]

On 4/27/2016 10:24 PM, Jean Lamb wrote:
> Today we had an extremely bright and spectacular rainbow this evening, to
> the extent that Mike remarked that he could see the violet in it, which
> normally he doesn't. And then I asked, hesitantly, "do you see that little
> band of that weird greenish-purple next to the violet?" He said, yes, and
> then I explained about...octarine, the eighth color. And here I thought
> Terry Pratchett was making it all up!

---