[LMB] OT: School days

Jean Lamb tlambs1138 at charter.net
Tue Aug 2 04:27:10 BST 2016

>WILLIAM A WENRICH <wawenri at msn.com>
>Who remembers when school started in September and lasted until June?
>My granddaughters start school this week and and they finish in early May.

Sent from my iPhone

--That's what our school schedule is here--September to June  (though in
Tulelake they start a week later because of the Tulelake Fair which is the
first week after Labor Day). But some schools have been moving to an earlier
schedule, supposedly to save on energy costs, though I don't really think
you'd see a decrease because the A/C costs would be about the same either
way. Some of that might be parent-driven--they want to take their darlings
to parks in late May rather than face the crowds past the middle of June,
though if enough schools do it, it won't help much. I know that we always
try not to go somewhere like Disneyland during California spring break!

Jean Lamb
tlambs1138 at charter.net
Look for Jean Lamb's author page on Amazon-
http://www.amazon.com/Jean-Lamb/e/B00IR0YO20/
Phoenix in Shadow is up!
https://www.amazon.com/Phoenix-Shadow-Chronicles-Empire-Book-ebook/dp/B01G4H
D80G/