[LMB] OT: School days

Eric Oppen ravenclaweric at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 04:47:25 BST 2016

Driving on snow or ice is a specialized skill.  My best-beloved (poor
wretch) lives in Greater DC, and comments to me about how snowfall that we
would shrug off here in Iowa will shut the whole place down, between there
being much less snowplows to go around, and a lot of people not having the
skills to drive in the stuff.  And another female friend used to tell me
how she could always tell the out-of-staters at Iowa State, because after
snowfalls that we locals hardly noticed, they'd be the ones in the ditch.