[LMB] OT: (was WorldCon - MiniLoisCon anyone?)

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Tue Aug 2 12:08:08 BST 2016

On Mon, 1 Aug 2016 18:45:44 +0000, Kevin Kennedy <kevink45 at hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I suspect your husband would like to browse parkersbritishinstitution.com   Mushy peas, Heinz beans, Birds custard, Branston pickle.....   And lots of yummy looking pork pies, steak & kidney pies, sausage and whatnot

Interesting fact:
unlike real custard, Bird's custard contains no egg.  It was invented,
in his shed, by a man whose wife was allergic to eggs, and he discarded
hundreds of recipes before settling on the current formula.

A few decades back, the roof of the factory was blown off by a
custard-powder explosion, a feat you can replicate on a smaller scale
with a biscuit tin, a straw and a candle. :)
--
Words must be weighed, not counted.  - Polish proverb