[LMB] OT: School days

Hilary Powers hilary at powersedit.com
Tue Aug 2 19:33:39 BST 2016

On 8/2/2016 3:58 AM, Marc Wilson wrote:
> People from snow states and countries laugh at the UK for our occasional
> snow problems.  The thing is, we don't get *enough* snow, reliably
> enough, that it's worth investing a lot in preventive measures. ...

Happens in the warmer areas of the USS, too. A few years ago the media
were chortling at the troubles in Houston or Dallas when a sprinkling of
snow forced everything to a halt, and one of the local public works
people replied that it was hardly a surprise when the biggest piece of
snow-removal equipment in town was at Toys R Us.

--
-       Hilary Powers - hilary at powersedit.com - Oakland CA         -
- "Making Word 2010 Work for You" - www.the-efa.org/res/booklets.php -