[LMB] Email Hack

Rachel anglerfish at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 00:13:34 BST 2016

> From: Marc Wilson <marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk>
>

> On Mon, 1 Aug 2016 13:58:46 -0400, Rachel <anglerfish at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Something is sending out a document from my school email. I think the list
> >bounced it back, but certainly don't open any weird looking pdfs from me.
> >am working on re-securing that email account.
>
> Is it really coming from your server, or just using your email address?
> Two very different problems.

I think it was actually coming out of my gmail, which I still have linked
to my school account. I don't THINK that it was just a copy address because
it seems to have accessed my contact list. It spammed everyone in my
contact list with a pdf named after my root email (anglerfish).

I'm guessing my password was compromised and then some bot program tried to
send out a virus? But what are the chances that there was actually a PERSON
out there going through my emails and sucking out personal data? I'm less
bothered by the robot.

I'm considering using a password service. Sigh.