[LMB] OT: 4X4

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Wed Aug 3 23:19:03 BST 2016

> On Aug 3, 2016, at 1:34 PM, Marc Wilson <marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> I like the old saying - the better the four-wheel drive, the farther out you get stuck!
>
> Mine is not a "4x4" in the sense of a big offroad thing; it's a smallish
> road car with 4WD.

I like the way some performance cars are now four wheel drive, with some high performance handling abilities.

My fantasy is having a two-motor luxury Tesla.   The motors aren’t connected except logically via computer, but react together.

It’s funny how we didn’t get the robot chauffeur walking to our car and sitting behind the wheel.   Instead of one brain, we have cars with dozen brains and incremental intelligent features.    We also don’t have people pulling out their slide rules in their family space ships.