[LMB] Four-Wheel Brakes (WAS OT: School days)

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Thu Aug 4 18:07:00 BST 2016

On Thu, 04 Aug 2016 16:26:55 +0100, "James M. BRYANT G4CLF"
<james at jbryant.eu> wrote:

>But four wheel smart braking and limited-slip differentials
>(as in the Audi Quattro) surely will.

Somewhat.  My car is a sort of mini-Quattro.

One of the motoring programmes in the UK did a comparison of a standard
car on winter tyres vs a 4wd version on standard tyres; the standard car
on winter tyres outbraked it on snow by about 30%.

>James - whose car sticks to icy roads like sh*t to a blanket

:)
--
For "I know" seems to describe a state of affairs which guarantees
what is known, guarantees it as a fact. One always forgets the expression