[LMB] GJ&RQ - Chapter 5

Pat Mathews MATHEWS55 at msn.com
Fri Aug 5 15:45:03 BST 2016

The nicest thing about this novel is that all the problems - and they are ones that would have me screaming and running in circles - are all either domestic, or on a municipal scale, for all she's Vicereine of an entire world.

I don't know what Sergyar's population is, but Cordelia could get together with our mayor (half a million people) and governor (about two million) and have a nice crying-in-your-beer session with them and all sides would feel quite comfortable.

("Contractors? Let me tell you about the company .... and this woman had her carpets cleaned on the Public School's money and the invoice was altered about the way one of her second-graders would have changed their report card... and my brother-in-law came down from Truchas and started telling me how to run my business and my family.....") Oh, yes! I can just see it now.