[LMB] e-mail formatting

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Sat Aug 6 15:27:03 BST 2016

On Fri, Aug 05, 2016 at 03:42:36PM -0600, Howard Brazee wrote:

> > On Aug 5, 2016, at 3:24 PM, M R L Dolbear <m.dolbear at lineone.net> wrote:
> >
> > The List send out only plain text so any italics you see must be an Apple Mail artefact probably based on you being the sender. Check the raw source in the sent folder when you see italicized titles ?
>
> I suspect that somehow I get a copy before the List strips out the italics - then I get a copy again when everybody else gets the copy.    If I haven’t yet deleted the first copy, I only see the subsequent copy.   Very weird.

Some email clients will save a copy of what they sent into your sent
folder, or even into the incoming folder, depending on settings. If
you sent one containing some kind of markup that one would still be visible
to you, then in a short while the list echoes it back to you in its
modified form.

                     all ages, now and forevermore! Amen."