[LMB] e-mail formatting

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Sat Aug 6 17:45:07 BST 2016

On Sat, 6 Aug 2016 10:27:03 -0400, Fred Smith
<fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us> wrote:

>On Fri, Aug 05, 2016 at 03:42:36PM -0600, Howard Brazee wrote:
>>
>> > On Aug 5, 2016, at 3:24 PM, M R L Dolbear <m.dolbear at lineone.net> wrote:
>> >
>> > The List send out only plain text so any italics you see must be an Apple Mail artefact probably based on you being the sender. Check the raw source in the sent folder when you see italicized titles ?
>>
>> I suspect that somehow I get a copy before the List strips out the italics - then I get a copy again when everybody else gets the copy.    If I haven’t yet deleted the first copy, I only see the subsequent copy.   Very weird.
>

>Some email clients will save a copy of what they sent into your sent
>folder, or even into the incoming folder, depending on settings. If
>you sent one containing some kind of markup that one would still be visible
>to you, then in a short while the list echoes it back to you in its
>modified form.

I set my mail client to delete the outgoing copy once it's sent; that
way, if I see my email in the feed, I know it's via the server.
--
You can break every grammatical and syntactical rule consciously when, and only when,
you have rendered yourself incapable of breaking them unconsciously.  - Bernard Levin