[LMB] OT: what a nice gift....

Rebecca Eschliman beschliman at woh.rr.com
Sun Aug 7 17:48:05 BST 2016

On Sun, Aug 7, 2016 at 3:09 AM, A. Marina Fournier <saffronrose at me.com>
wrote:

> and some of the sheep eat seaweed. Wonder what that does to the flavor of
> the meat...perhaps I should visit to find the answer.

​I remember a trip to the Mont St. Michel while on foreign study in college
where our group was given a special meal at one of the restaurants where it
was explained to us that one of the specialties was "mouton au pré salé"​
(mutton salted by the meadow), and the pre-salted nature of the meat was
considered a delicacy. The other specialty was an "omelette baveuse" IIRC,
so called because "bave" meant the froth on the mouth of a horse that has
been running hard - the omelette wasn't made with horse-spit, but the
texture of the egg's interior was frothy. Both were quite tasty.

-rje-