[LMB] OT: what a nice gift....

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Mon Aug 8 01:51:12 BST 2016

On Aug 7, 2016, at 9:48 AM, Rebecca Eschliman <beschliman at woh.rr.com> wrote:

> ​I remember a trip to the Mont St. Michel while on foreign study in college where our group was given a special meal at one of the restaurants where it was explained to us that one of the specialties was "mouton au pré salé"​ (mutton salted by the meadow), and the pre-salted nature of the meat was considered a delicacy. The other specialty was an "omelette baveuse"

I wasn't long enough in St-Malo, on the mainland nearest the Île, at dinnertime, to have had a chance to try either of those dishes.

Pré-sale, according to my sources, is a salt-marsh meadow, where the grass has high salinity and iodine. I should think additional salt would be unnecessary in its preparation.

It's usually lamb/agneau rather than mutton. How was the meat cooked? Roasted? Stewed?

A. Marina Fournier
Saffronrose at me.com