[LMB] Aging

Beatrice Otter beatrice_otter at haugensgalleri.com
Wed Aug 10 16:19:36 BST 2016

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone

From: Eric Oppen:

*failing to grok*

What do emotions have to do with sex?  They _can_ be related, but need not
be.

Beatrice Otter:The connection between physical and emotional sexual activities is a tangled one. The less emotionally and neurologically mature you are, the more tangled it gets.  Which is one reason why sexual activity among adolescents is fraught.
Consider Miles' first sexual experience. We have no indication that he had any emotional connection with the girl, but finding out her motivations (oddity seeking) was devastating. Would it have been so for the Miles we meet at 17? Possibly. I doubt it would have been so for the Miles of 20.  That is the benefit of more maturity.
Beatrice Otter