[LMB] OT: unnatural selection

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Tue Aug 16 06:17:47 BST 2016

Late in responding, Marina says:

On Jul 21, 2016, at 05:35 AM, Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com> wrote:

Somewhere this week I saw some references to the Mars expedition -
some bright spark has made the suggestion that Martian settlers
should be genetically altered to give them a tendency to democracy,
so that the settlements on Mars would always be democratic.

(snip)

And apart from everything else... can we do that? I didn't think we'd identified a democracy gene, or had the technology to delete any non-democratic DNA.

Snort. Not blasted likely. I think politics is nurture, not nature.

Gwynne (Sometimes you get so accustomed to certain technology
through reading science fiction that you lose track of whether or not
it's actually been invented yet.)

I completely understand.

Marina