[LMB] GJ&RQ - Chapter 8, part 2

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Tue Aug 23 04:51:52 BST 2016

On Aug 22, 2016, at 6:00 PM, Katherine Collett <kcollett at hamilton.edu> wrote:
>  In fact, all of Cordelia's thoughts and the conversations with Ivy and Blaise give us much more insight into what life on Sergyar is like, and how it has changed (going from the worm plague to cure to adolescents _wanting_ worm scarification, for instance).

This is similar to the odd-to-me situation among young gay males' sexual behavior to deliberately become HIV+.

That Fr. Damien ministered to lepers on Molokai (no longer a leper colony, medication for Hansen's Disease now being available) and himself acquired leprosy, is not the same thing. Why this Hansen person gets the ancient disease's name makes no sense to me.

A. Marina Fournier
Saffronrose at me.com