[LMB] Best Vorkosigan Novel for a Movie?

Douglas Weinfield douglasw at his.com
Tue Aug 23 05:00:05 BST 2016

While I like them all, and can definitely see the appeal of Shards, Vor Game, and others, I was recently re-reading Barrayar, and it seems to me that that's one that should be the first movie--lots of action, lots of character development, amazing plot, introduces all the elements for the rest of the series (can do a prequel later with Shards), and very visual, with all the Vor pageantry and the Residence, and rural scenes up in the hills. And the payoff with the beheading and rolling out Vordarian's head! And then do the epilogue as an easter egg during the credits.

What would be your pick?