[LMB] Piotr and "the mutant."

Eric Oppen ravenclaweric at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 05:06:59 BST 2016

I was reading one of the essays in _Lois McMaster Bujold: Essays on a
Modern Master of Science Fiction and Fantasy_ edited by Janet Brennan
Croft, and came to one where Piotr's relationship with Miles is discussed.

One thing that the author does not bring up is that part of Piotr's
reasoning for wanting to kill "the mutie" might be "I enforced this rule on
others; as a Vor and a Count, I cannot exempt myself."  Kind of like how
Aral wouldn't back down on executing that silly kid, even though he very
much wanted to.