[LMB] Best Vorkosigan Novel for a Movie?

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at columbus.rr.com
Wed Aug 24 02:52:37 BST 2016

Eric Oppen <ravenclaweric at gmail.com> writes:

> Of course, casting Miles would be a problem.

Piece of cake.

If you want a character who's *hard* to cast, have a look at Julian
"Bean" Delphiki.  At the beginning you need an actor who A) looks about
three years old and has a voice to match it but B) acts like an adult.
And then, as the series progresses...  I think computer graphics and an
_extremely_ talanted voice actor is probably the only way it could be
managed decently.

(And yes, I'm aware that's not what they did.  I haven't seen the movie.
I don't want to.  Bean is only the worst casting nightmare for that
movie by a fairly narrow margin.)

--
Nathan Eady
jonadab at columbus.rr.com