[LMB] Best Vorkosigan Novel for a Movie?

Elizabeth Holden azurite at rogers.com
Thu Aug 25 14:03:01 BST 2016

 Aug 23, 2016, at 4:32 AM, Jonadab the Unsightly One <jonadab at columbus.rr.com>
 wrote:
> I would be sorely tempted to start with The Warrior's
> Apprentice and leave both of the Cordelia
>  books to be later prequels, on the
> grounds that Miles is the character you want the audience
> to get attached to immediately, as
> he's the lead in most of the books.

But each book is independent. Since I have always been more attached to Aral any (or maybe equally) I don't see this as a problem.  Moreover, I'm not very happy about prequels - sequels do better because of their forward momentum. Start at the beginning. Don't look back. By this argument, maybe we should start with Falling Free. (Okay, that's outside the series - but we should have the movie anyway. Hmm, who will we cast as Leo?

>  * If I recall a LMB message correctly, it
> included: “Aral, lucky man, was killed in the 3rd scene
> and gets to miss the rest of the movie."

Oh, well, then. So much for *that* script.

namaste,
 Elizabeth