[LMB] Piotr and "the mutant."

Pat Mathews MATHEWS55 at msn.com
Thu Aug 25 14:19:47 BST 2016

And the reasons for killing muties was made quite clear in Mountains of Mourning - people living on the ragged edge of survival could not afford to keep people alive who would be a drain on their resources. Ma Mattulich resented the existence - the survival of the "mutie lord" bitterly.

Both books of Cordelia's Honor showed was a similar sentiment towards badly disabled war veterans, though more muted, since the gene pool was not at stake.