[LMB] OT: AKICOTL: Recent anime suitable for tweens?

Raye Johnsen raye_j at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 30 12:59:10 BST 2016

Friends, I need a bit of help.

The TLDR version: My brother is a teacher in an Australian high school (Years 7 through 12) in an economically- and socially-depressed area, and he's been asked to be the supervising teacher for a starting-up anime club among the students.  Of course Sir will have to make sure the shows the kids watch are suitable to their age- and emotion-level - which means he'll have to provide them, and they have to be available in English dub, because these kids are not brilliant at reading.  And they have to be fairly modern, as these kids are not connoisseurs of eighties art either.   As I'm his anime-pusher, he's asked me to help source some titles.
So far what I've thought of (and can provide):Romeo x Juliet (SFish retelling of R&J with cameos from others of The Bard's works)Fullmetal Alchemist: BrotherhoodSilver Spoon (City kid decides to go to an agricultural high school in order to be the best student there; discovers the hard way that farming is hard work)Majestic Prince (five trainee pilots could be the best team in the entire Space Fleet academy, if they could only stop trying to kill each other first)the Ghibli canon (of course)Your Lie in April (ex-child prodigy depressed teenage musician is persuaded into treatment and lured back to the music world by fellow musician)
 Can anyone suggest any others?  It has to be fairly recent, available in English, and suitable to be shown to twelve-year-olds.

Raye