[LMB] Kosher

Michael Bauminger lmblist at mikebomb.com
Thu Dec 1 06:53:33 GMT 2016

On Wednesday, November 30, 2016 4:54 AM ,  Caroline Tabach  wrote:

> On 28 November 2016 at 17:17, Walter Bushell <proto at panix.com> wrote:

> > Actually I had assumed human meat was the most treif..

> Apparently it is not treif

I assure you that human meat is "treif". However, human breast milk is
kosher, unlike the milk of all non-kosher animals. It is not even
considered dairy for purposes of not mixing meat and dairy, although
there is a rabbinic decree not to eat it together with meat (but no need
to wait six hours, use separate utensils, etc.) There is also a rabbinic
decree that only children 4 and younger are allowed to nurse directly
from the breast. Older children and adults may drink it after it has
been expressed.

-- Michael