[LMB] No longer Kosher

baur baur baur at chello.at
Fri Dec 2 05:42:23 GMT 2016

>     Marc Wilson <marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk> hat am 2. Dezember 2016 um 03:36
> geschrieben:
>

>     On Thu, 1 Dec 2016 20:06:59 +0100, markus baur <baur at chello.at> wrote:
>
>     >Am 01.12.2016 um 19:18 schrieb Marc Wilson:
>     >> On Thu, 1 Dec 2016 19:03:37 +0100, markus baur <baur at chello.at> wrote:
>     >>
>     >>> i am in austria - and i buy at amazon.com or amazon.de (whatever is
>     >>> available wherver and is cheaper there)
>     >>>
>     >>> there is no problem with having two accounts at amazon ..
>     >>
>     >> Except you have to keep uncoupling your account from one or the other,
>     >> whenever you want to swap. I frankly can't be arsed.
>     >
>     >what is this uncoupling you are talking about?
>     >
>     >i am not aware of doing something like that
>     >
>     If you want stuff synced to a device, it can only be set on one country
>     at a time. If you change it, then that device is de-coupled from one
>     country's account and linked to the other. While in that state, content
>     from the other country is not available.

hmm .. *scratching my head* .. is that a kindle specific problem?

i download ALL purchases to my computer, rip the DRM (if present), archive on
external drive and copy to my ebook reader .. (Calibre is my friend) - i don't
leave stuff "on the cloud" (clouds can dissipate easily)

but i also tend to read a specific book on a specific platform - i dont wander
with the book over several platforms

maybe that's why i don't have that particular problem

Servus

markus