[LMB] Kosher

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Mon Dec 5 11:51:04 GMT 2016

On Sat, 03 Dec 2016 15:05:55 -0800, "A. Marina Fournier"
<saffronrose at me.com> wrote:

>Brussels sprouts can be fixed in a legion of tasty ways, when not overcooked. If you're a bitters supertaster, then most of the brassica family is not for you, no matter how well prepared.

I dislike sprouts, but I'm OK with other brassicas.  Not a
"supertaster", but there is something in sprouts that, to me, tastes
like the bottom of a dustbin smells, if you see what I mean.  I *once*
had a barely-palatable sprout, fried in garlic oil with almonds.  But
they were very small young sprouts and very lightly cooked, and still
"meh".
--
Absence is to love what wind is to fire; it extinguishes the small,
it enkindles the great. -- Comte DeBussy-Rabutin