[LMB] Kosher

Zan Lynx zlynx at acm.org
Mon Dec 5 17:29:41 GMT 2016

On 12/05/2016 09:27 AM, Beatrice Otter wrote:
> In churches which have apostolic succession, A BISHOP MUST BE
> CONSECRATED BY OTHER BISHOPS LAYING THEIR HANDS ON HIM AND PASSING THE
> APOSTOLIC BLESSING TO HIM.  Period.  End of story.

But there are ALWAYS exceptions to rules. Because the church is not
supposed to be following rules from people, but rules from God.

The case of Saul / Paul for example, he was made an apostle by a direct
act of God in a vision. Not because Peter blessed him.

Now, if that happened (or it was claimed to happen) on Barrayar the
Orthodox church on Earth might not agree and then there would be some
kind of schism.

Not the first time that's happened and in the long run of things not a
big deal. Jesus himself gave an example there by declaring that the Jew
/ Samaritan difference didn't matter, and with his statements that evil
acts done in his name were still evil, and good done in anyone's name
was still good.

Um, sorry, I may have gotten a bit too religious. Early childhood
training you know.